Why I use colored pencil as my chosen media:
1. I love the control I have. I can put pin point dot exactly where I want.
2. I don't have to pre-mix the colors before I start to work - that way I can work for 8 hours straight or 1 hour if I have a busy day.
3. I can push its limits as far as realism goes.
4. I can take it on my trips packing very lightly.
5. It is non-toxic.
What I hate about them:
1. It takes so much time to complete relatively realistic rendering of your chosen subject.
2. I have to stop frequently to sharpen the pencil.
3. You can't erase your mistakes especially with prismacolors.
What is your chosen media and what do you like about it?